Health, Wellness and Disease is A Health Guide and Health Resource For Finding Health Conditions & Information for Health & Wellness
Health and Wellness in the Workplace
Workplaces have the opportunity to develop healthy habits and help prevent the onset of health problems and disease such as diabetes, depression, and heart disease. Well-designed workplace keeps employees safe and encourage physical activity during the workers time at work.
It also helps a lot by establishing both clear and reasonable rules/roles and responsibilities, plus respect the time and talents of all employees and also non-work related issues. These steps provide the organization with more opportunity to reduce the number of sick-days and health-related costs. Ask yourself this question; Are you working on making your office a healthy place for both yourself and coworkers, to contribute to their ongoing health and wellness?
A positive health and wellness culture in the workplace contributes to the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of workers. The workplace becomes more productive and constructive when employers break for rejuvenation.
Workplace Wellness Can Improve Employee Productivity
- Helps employees take responsibility for wellness and lifestyle choices
- Educates workforce about hazards and opportunities for wellness
- Helps improve employee productivity
- Reduction in sick-days and idle-time
- Reduction in overall health care costs
- Move health care priority from insurance/treatment to prevention/wellness
"Health, Wellness & Disease"
About Disease Prevention,
Symptoms, Treatment & Cures
Including Fitness & Lifestyle
How Employers May Improve Employee Productivity
- Encourage exercise programs during the working-day
- Implement a no-smoking policy and provide resources for tobacco cessation
- Allow flexible work schedules and possibly doing telecommuting
- Encourage personnel to take the stairs in lieu of the elevator
- Select worksites close to public transportation, walking trails, exercise and fitness establishments, and other healthy lifestyle related amenities...
Chronic Disease on the Job and at Work
Chronic diseases such as depression and hypertension can lead to a serious decline in the overall health of employees in a workplace, contribute to an increase in health-related expenses for employers and employees, and lead to days away from work. Many businesses have realized the benefits of health promotion, and to curb the costs of rising health care they have begun offering wellness programs to their employees. The working office should be a place which not only protects the safety and well-being of employees but also provides them opportunities for better long-term health.
Exactly What is an Employee Exercise and Wellness Program?
A workplace wellness program is a health promotion activity or organization-wide policy designed to support healthy behavior and improve health outcomes while at work. These programs consist of activities such as health education and coaching, weight management programs, medical screenings, on-site fitness programs and more.
Wellness programs also include policies intended to improve employee health, including allowing time for exercise, providing on-site kitchens and eating areas, offering healthful food options in vending machines, holding good communications in office meetings, and offering financial-aid and other incentives for participation. Effective workplace programs, policies, and environments which are are health-focused and worker-centered have the potential to benefit employers, employees, their families and the communities they live in.